Welcome

Welcome to my blogsite. It is called Aquarius after my zodiac sign. One thing that caught my attention is Mary's invitation to have the incentive to brag and show off some tech skills that I will be acquiring once I finish doing the 23 things. I intend to do just that - organize and document the thousands of photographs I have accumulated over time through travels here and abroad. One of my hobbies is scrapbooking but I have not done it for a couple of years now, so the photographs have piled up. I think to continue doing it manually now will take me forever to organize them, so I have no recourse but go electronic. Way to go Web 2.0!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Beemine

Mary asked me this morning how my weekend was. It was a very frustrating one. I tried to upload this picture all weekend, but I was unsuccessful. Today, while I was at the reference desk, I did it. If you ask me how I did it, I can't even trace the steps on how I started the process. I am thinking of signing up to another blog and use it as my "lab."

6 comments:

McMillan said...

What an amazing photo! The reason why I asked everyone to upload a photo was to begin exploring some of the things you can do with the blogging tools. The next time you are in your edit screen, take a look at the toolbar. This is the row of items that include the text font and size. From there you will notice a square icon towards the right that displays a small image. If you hold your mouse cursor over this icon, the words "Add Image" will pop up. Once you click on that button, a new window will open instructing you to upload a photo that has been saved to your computer, as well as giving you image size and location options. Let me know if you have any other challenges.

jcarbone said...

Aquarius- that is a really cool picture! Where did you find it? I have been looking into upgrading my camera and this makes me more convinced! That may be dangerous!

Knowledge Nomad said...

Great picture! I would also like to know where it comes from.

Aquarius said...

To Joanne and Darren,

The photo was taken from http://www.flickr.com/photos/aussiegall/collections/. You can explore other cool shots taken by aussiegall by going to her site.
Thank you both for your compliments of the picture. I love it too because purple is my favorite color and the color of the bee which is yellow complements the flower beautifully.

Aquarius said...

Mary, thanks for the tips.

Melissa Wong said...

Gorgeous! This reminds me of the fabulous cinematography in Life in the Undergrowth, Bob's new favorite movie.