Welcome

Welcome to my blogsite. It is called Aquarius after my zodiac sign. One thing that caught my attention is Mary's invitation to have the incentive to brag and show off some tech skills that I will be acquiring once I finish doing the 23 things. I intend to do just that - organize and document the thousands of photographs I have accumulated over time through travels here and abroad. One of my hobbies is scrapbooking but I have not done it for a couple of years now, so the photographs have piled up. I think to continue doing it manually now will take me forever to organize them, so I have no recourse but go electronic. Way to go Web 2.0!

Friday, March 14, 2008

RSS Feed

So I skipped the discovery activity for Thing 9 because like always, I have a difficult time making up my mind on what to post. Today, I found two that I want to share, ACRLog, a site that "promote current awareness skills and resources" for academic and research libraries and Stephen's Lighthouse. I chanced upon Stephen Abram's blog two years ago and it's the only blog that I have been visiting regularly. Stephen Abram is the vice president of Innovation, Sirsi Corporation. I have great admiration for the person. He's an international librarian and in 2002 Library Journal named him one of the key people who are influencing the future of libraries and librarianship. He is a frequent keynote speaker on issues that affect libraries, their communities, and librarians. His articles and presentations can be viewed at
http://www.sirsi.com/Resources/abram_articles.html.

1 comment:

McMillan said...

Those are two of my "regular" blogs as well. I had the chance to see a presentation by Stephen Abram and he always has such great insights on the necessity to keep up with the times or else risk extinction.