Welcome

Welcome to my blogsite. It is called Aquarius after my zodiac sign. One thing that caught my attention is Mary's invitation to have the incentive to brag and show off some tech skills that I will be acquiring once I finish doing the 23 things. I intend to do just that - organize and document the thousands of photographs I have accumulated over time through travels here and abroad. One of my hobbies is scrapbooking but I have not done it for a couple of years now, so the photographs have piled up. I think to continue doing it manually now will take me forever to organize them, so I have no recourse but go electronic. Way to go Web 2.0!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

P.S. to Google Docs

I found out the other day while getting ready to go to work that I needed to call a student worker immediately. I didn't have her cell number with me. It occurred to me that if I had the contact sheet for the Library student workers saved somewhere not in my H drive at my work computer, then I could access their numbers easily where a computer is readily available. I just made a list on Google docs and sent it to the other librarians for whatever purpose they might need it in the future. Also, I copied the student workers' schedule onto the Google docs spreadsheet for the same reason. I just found out a use of Google docs for myself.

1 comment:

McMillan said...

I am so glad to hear that you found a practical use for Google Docs. Keeping a contact list easily available could also come in handy when traveling. These days you can find Internet access just about anywhere.